Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Family Trip to Destin (+Evan and Jonny)

After many months of careful planning, the family decided (finally) to visit the great state of Florida for some much needed vacation time.

Ready for our first day on the beach! 


All lathered up and ready for some tanning! Evan was a little more determined than I to get some sun...he kept applying more lotion because he claimed it "smelled good." Uh huh.



After sunning, we headed out to dinner a few times - there is nothing like great food cooked by someone else!  First stop was Crab Trap...but I unfortunately forgot to take a picture on my camera like a dweeb - an updated post will follow with Evan's photos

Round two was the Back Porch, and man did we love taking some pictures in the big white chair!




Told ya we liked the white chair pics.


One of my favorite things was the deep sea fishing trip...man what an adventure!


Dad was kind enough to rent out a charter boat for the morning...we caught some really impressive fish!


First stop was to catch some amberjack...which Evan proceeded to cook that night and it was Ah-mazing!! (I helped but can't take much of the credit - Evan is an excellent cook!)

Here's the amberjack...


They were HEAVY!!! I couldn't pick two of them up for my photo opp...


And here's the day's catch - pretty good! Unfortunately it all remains frozen in our freezer...amberjack and white snapper for every meal folks!


This guy was NOT kidding around.  This photo isn't zoomed in...he was not afraid of me or anyone else around.  He picked at all the tables in front of the boats for scraps...walked right up to us.


Evan and I went on a date night one evening to Harry T's - YUMMY!


I got an AWESOME drink with light up ice cubes...too bad the picture didn't capture that


And we concluded the week with some classic sunset beach pics...Evan and I matched with pink shirts and khaki shorts - too cute!  Here are some of my faves



The whole gang!


And the rents :)


We had a great time!!! Ready for the next family vacay next year! Right dad??

No comments:

Post a Comment